Benefits to Be Derived
from Completing a Science Fair Project
Science fair projects are an enjoyable way to gain valuable science
experience. Students who complete science fair projects tend to
acquire skills such as independent research, analytical thinking,
and creative problem solving. The following are additional benefits.
1. Developing creativity,
2. Experience in documenting, collecting and analyzing data,
3. Experience in making oral and written presentations,
4. Developing tenacity and confidence ... It doesn't work; ...It
doesn't work; ...It works! ... EUREKA!
5. Increased self esteem,
6. Discovering that there are many good science fair projects.
7. Helping you decide which career to enter,
8. Developing interviewing skills,
9. High school science fair projects are accomplishments to put
on a college application or job resume,
10. Discovering that science is fun (Of all the benefits to be derived
from completing a science project, discovering that science is fun
is by far the most important.), and
11. Your completed science project can continue as a basis for further
research while you attend college. (Keep in mind that most science
projects are not an end per se, but suggest more research culminating
in another science project)